domingo, 23 de mayo de 2010



Otra noche maravillosa mas en la cabaña: un dia soleado, atardecer en technicolor, noche estrellada y mañana de verano (el sol ya pega la cabaña a las 7:30 de la mañana! No llegaba hasta las 10 en Marzo) .


John and I drove in Friday, since we had to bring in a wheelbarrow and big rain water barrel...little by little we´re stocking the place right.

I focused my efforts on several tasks: leveling the oak beams with 2 strings and a level; test-drilled one of the beams with a new, long 4mm drill bit; finally went up on the roof, repositioned some stone slabs; cleaned up what is going to be the railing for the 2nd story; planted some melons, lettuce, and 2 unknown plants (the gardening store gave me by mistake!)...





And the great news was the dip in the pozo grand! Here some neighbors on a horseride decided to take a dip, with the horse! The water gets deep-enough, as you can see the horse had to swim at times...and the ground is a mix of dirt and mud...not too bad, but it does make the water kinda cloudy. The temperature....warmer than the Cantabrian sea!


One of the guys with the horses lives near Rubalcaba and has a tree farm, mainly he sells trees to tree farmers, usually "Eucalyptus Americano," but he had more...offered me a few so I can try up near the cabaña... I have been continuously been planting baby oak trees (3 more this weekend), but I would like planting more variety.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario